[ Login ]

Advertising

Last completed movie pages

Dou sing 2: Gai tau dou sing; Focus; Tatort - Bermuda; Man huang de tong hua; The Stick Up; Tatort - Altes Eisen; O Ji san he hui dang an; Tatort - Ich hab im Traum geweinet; Heung Gong dai yat hung chak; Evlampiya Romanova. Sledstvie vedet diletant; Urge to Kill; Time to Remember; The Rivals; The Partner; Solo for Sparrow; (more...)

1958 VTZ T-28 'Vladimirets'

1958 VTZ T-28 in Leningradskaya retrospektiva (1957-1990), Documentary, 1990 IMDB

Class: Others, Farming vehicle — Model origin: SU

1958 VTZ T-28 'Vladimirets'

[*][*] Minor action vehicle or used in only a short scene

Comments about this vehicle

AuthorMessage

Bruno58 FR

2011-11-17 19:08

Quote

The same as this one http://www.techstory.ru/foto8/18/t28_f1_est.jpg
Somebody can translate ?????Трактор Т-28 "Владимирец" с навесным с/х оборудованием. Фотография сделана в Эстонии Сильвером Куйком.

Jale PL

2011-11-17 19:14

Quote

In other words - VTZ T-28 'Vladimirets'

3loader RU

2011-11-17 19:17

Quote

"T-28 Vladimirets with agricultural equipment attachments. Photo made by Silver Kuik from Estonia."

-- Last edit: 2011-11-17 19:21:25

(inactive user)

2019-07-20 21:06

Quote

The Soviet tractor reverse engineered by North Korea: /vehicle_1204687-Chollima-28-1958.html

Quote Kim Il-sung’s self-reliant juche policy on more than one occasion had meant borrowing—or, as Western patent lawyers would say, pirating—foreign designs.North Koreans were far from apologetic about this. My guide, Kim Yon-shik,told me that the country had imported tractors up until 1958. The need, however,overwhelmed North Korea’s ability to pay Fellow socialist countries were in no position to make up the difference because “they also had planned economies.”The solution was to produce tractors at home, but North Korean engineers predicted problems of high cost and poor quality. Kim Il-sung told the engineers that the problems would diminish with experience. He asked them to take a crack at it. Their first challenge was to come up with a design. Foreign suppliers, not interested in abetting an import-replacement scheme, refused to lend blueprints. “You can buy the tractors from us,” they told the North Koreans. “There’s no need to make them by yourself.” And so, my guide related, “our workers used an old, worn-out tractor to draw up blueprints. ... They used the rasp and the hammer to make the first tractor, and in forty days they made one.”There was just one big problem with that first North Korean tractor prototype based on a pirated Soviet design: The tractor ran fine in reverse gear but would not move forward. Nevertheless, said Kim Il-sung, “the important thing is that the tractor is moving.” Indeed, the indigenous tractor industry expanded rapidly from that point. between 1970 and 1976, output increased 8.7 times. The government claimed to have enlarged the fleet sufficiently to average seven or eight tractors for each 100 hectares of farmland. The Kum-song tractor plant had
been rebuilt from the ruins of a small chemical fertilizer workshop in 1954, and had produced agricultural implements until the first Chollima (“Flying Horse”)tractor rolled out in 1958. By the time I visited there, the 28-horsepowerChollima represented only 30 percent of production. A newer model, the 75-horsepower Poonnyun (“Bumper Year”), accounted for the remaining 70 percent

Quote from Under the Loving Care of the Fatherly Leader: North Korea and the Kim Dynasty, Bradley K. Martin

Gag Halfrunt UK

2019-07-20 21:18

Quote

Or maybe it was really official technology transfer, if 1958 was the first year for both the T-28 and the Chollima 28...

(inactive user)

2019-07-20 21:30

Quote

They say it only took 40 days though so I think they had time. Only other source I could find regarding the origins of this tractor is from: Link to "www.cia.gov"

[Image: 7K3iJEV.jpg]

Add a comment

You must login to post comments...

Advertising